Runs through January 24, 2023
Bring a POP of color to your life with Nature POP! — opening November 5 here at the Garden! This new exhibition from artist Sean Kenney features more than 40 sculptures made from LEGO® pieces. The sculptures, which will be sprinkled throughout the Garden’s 87 acres, explore the beauty of nature through contemporary, stylized and colorful displays that stand in striking contrast with their surroundings. Each is an Instagram-worthy photo opp in their own right, but when you add the Garden’s natural beauty as their backdrop, they are must-sees!
These larger-than-life sculptures invite you to admire Kenney’s artistry, reflect on the complex natural world and consider the incredible feats of engineering on display. Kenney’s splashy, gravity-defying structures present a playful spin on traditional sculptural art that challenges visitors to consider: just as LEGO® bricks interconnect, how is everything in nature interconnected? Nature POP! will delight and inspire the whole family to think and create in new and more colorful ways!
Please note, these sculptures are works of art, so please resist the urge to touch them and inform your little ones of the no-touch policy. Thank you!
Accessibility: Some areas of Nature POP! might be impassable for wheelchairs or those with mobility issues. To ensure this exhibit is accessible for ALL, we will have transportation available to take guests to the back of the Garden, where many of the sculptures will be on display. This Nature POP! Accessibility Shuttle will run seven days a week beginning at 10 a.m. and give priority access to those with mobility issues. To learn more about this new guest amenity, click here.
Nature POP! Map
Fun Facts About Nature POP! and Sean Kenney
- Nature POP! is an exhibition from acclaimed artist Sean Kenney that features more than 40 sculptures made from more than 800,000 LEGO® bricks.
- This is the SECOND time an exhibit by Sean has been on display at the Garden. His Nature Connects exhibit was at the Garden in 2016!
- Inspired by the pop art movement, Sean’s work on Nature POP! plays on that movement’s principles by blurring the boundaries between austere and the everyday, and draws from a belief that everything is interconnected.
- Sean has been creating art with LEGO® bricks professionally since 2005.
- The LEGO® Group officially recognized Sean for 14 years; however, he never worked for The LEGO® Group.
- Sean was the first person in the world permitted to buy LEGO® pieces in bulk directly from the company.
- Sean only uses regular, commercially available LEGO® pieces. No special colors, shapes, etc. are used. Every piece is connected to each other the way you’d expect, built within the rules of the LEGO® system, without cheating things into place.
- If Sean were to choose the one brick that is most essential to his sculptures, it would be the basic 2×4 rectangular brick.
Please note: If you’d also like to experience our Spider Pavilion during your visit, please purchase a Spider Pavilion ticket online in advance, which includes General Admission and Nature POP!.
Want to take advantage of the FREE daily Garden admission and discounted Spider Pavilion tickets? Become a Member!
Non-Member Garden Admission Tickets
Adults (Ages 18+) $15/person
Children (Ages 5-12) $5/person
Children (Ages 4 and under) FREE
Students and Seniors (62+) $11/person
Note: Please remember to sign in to get your Member discount.