South Coast Botanic Garden offers self-guided and docent-led tours for groups of 10 or more.
Helpful tips and information:
Due to COVID 19 all tours are canceled until further notice. No new tours will be accepted. We’ll update this information when Docent-led tours resume. Please check back soon!
Currently, individuals can visit by purchasing tickets in advance.
- Docent-led tours must be requested at least three weeks in advance
- Minimum group size: 10
- Maximum group size: 50 total, including chaperones (for docent-led tour)
- School field trip groups must include one chaperone for every 10 students
- Fees (to be paid on the day of tour):
- School Visits are free for children and chaperones (one chaperone for every 10 students)
- Additional chaperones: $15/person
- Group tour rate (25 people or more): $11/person
- Regular admission (for groups less than 25 people): $15/person, $11/seniors, $5 children (ages 5-12)
Group visits during COVID-19 Pandemic:
Groups visiting the Garden MUST break out into bubbles of 10 or less with at least one adult (age 16 or higher) per bubble at all times, including entering the Garden and picnicking. These groups should be arranged prior to visiting the Garden and should not mix with one another while enjoying our 87 acres separately.
All visitors, including groups, are required to have advanced ticket reservations prior to their visit. There is no discount for group purchases at this time. Before entering the Garden, a Ranger will meet with your group to provide a safety briefing.
Buses should never park and unload visitors at the base of the ticketing ramp or at the red-painted curb. Buses may find a place to park in the diagonal parking spaces allotted for school visitors, and if not available, may park near the mulched section of our parking lot or near the horse trail entrance.