Credit: Gabe Valpando
All visitors to the Garden receive a map to explore the 87 acre grounds on their own, at their own pace. South Coast Botanic Garden offers self-guided and docent-led tours for groups of 10 or more. The Garden has a knowledgeable group of docents available to give tours of the Garden. To request a tour, please complete the “Group Visit Request Form” below.
TRAM TOURS Our Tram Tour is currently running from 10:00am to 4:00pm on Saturdays and from 1:00pm to 4:00pm on Sundays. The cost is $8 per person for ages 5 years and up (4 and younger are free). The Tram tour is free for members at the Deluxe level and above. The tour is narrated and runs every 30 minutes. Please call Visitor Services at (424) 452-0920 to confirm availability.
PLANT IDENTIFICATION Having troubles identifying a plant? Call our knowledgeable County of Los Angeles Gardening Staff at (310) 544-1475 and ask for one of the County Gardening Staff.
Group Visit Request Form
South Coast Botanic Garden offers self-guided and docent-led tours for groups of 10 or more.
Ready to book? Helpful tips and information:
- Due to COVID 19 all tours are canceled until further notice. No new tours will be accepted. Individuals can visit by purchasing tickets in advance.
- Docent-led tours must be requested at least three weeks in advance
- Minimum group size: 10
- Maximum group size: 50 total, including chaperones (for docent-led tour)
- School field trip groups must include one chaperone for every 10 students
- Fees (to be paid on the day of tour):
- School Visits are free for children and chaperones (one chaperone for every 10 students)
- Additional chaperones: $15/person
- Group tour rate (25 people or more): $11/person
- Regular admission (for groups less than 25 people): $15/person, $11/seniors, $5 children (ages 5-12)