Occasional garden area closures occur during the year for scheduled area maintenance or reserved events. Please check this page regularly for all garden area updates.
- September 21-October 31, 2022: The Banyan Grove and Banyan Lawn are closed for construction work.
- September 24, 2022: The Dorothy and Allen Lay Staghorn Fern Collection and Lower Meadow will be closed for a private event.
- October 1, 2022: The Amphitheater and Upper and Lower meadows will be closed for private events.
- October 8, 2022: The Upper Meadow will be closed for a private event.
- October 15, 2022: The Dorothy and Allen Lay Staghorn Fern Collection and Lower Meadow will be closed for a private event.
- The Display Greenhouse is closed for the foreseeable future.
- The Creek and Lake bed are currently dry. Plans to revitalize this area are currently in the works and are part of the Garden’s Vision Plan.
UPDATE FROM SOUTH COAST BOTANIC GARDEN, IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Last updated: February 25, 2022
Admission: Non-Members need advance reservations to visit the Garden seven days a week. Members only need to reserve their tickets in advance if they’d like to visit on the weekend.
Masks: If you are fully vaccinated, facial coverings are optional outdoors. The CDC advises individuals who are not fully vaccinated to continue wearing facial coverings. Masks are required in all indoor spaces including restrooms and office buildings.
Entrance/Exit: All guests will now enter through the main gate and exit out of the white side gate, allowing visitors to remain a safe distance from one another. Please observe the signage directing you as you exit the Garden to ensure you’re leaving out of the correct gate. These directions may change periodically to ensure the safety of our guests.
Restrooms: Restrooms near the entrance will remain open. Porta-potties throughout the facility may be intermittently closed depending on our ability to keep up with supplies and cleanliness.
For additional information about your visit:
Plan Your Visit
Tours and Services