Additional Policy Restrictions: The South Coast Botanic Garden reserves the right to refuse admittance for photography/filming and/or change its photo policy without advanced notice. The South Coast Botanic Garden reserves the right to restrict any photography site locations at any given time with or without notice. Some sites may not be available the day of your reservation due to unforeseen circumstances. Please note that any party that has booked private events in a particular location has an exclusive right to that reserved area.
- All photography must take place during Garden hours. This means photo shoots must start after 9:00 am and end by 4:00 pm. (2 reservations per morning/afternoon per day)
- No Drones are allowed – unless permitted under the guidelines of Special Events or Commerical Photography.
- Do not walk in any planted, mulched, or wooded area for any reason. Always stay on designated paths and turf areas.
- Leave flowers and plants for everyone to enjoy. Do not collect or remove seeds, flowers, fruits, or vegetables, plant labels, etc. Do not climb the trees.
- Do not damage, deface, or remove fences, walls, boulders, garden features, or site furniture for any reason.
- No dressing or changing clothes is permitted in the Garden or in the restrooms.
- Pets are not allowed inside the Garden
- Do not bring recreational equipment as part of your photo session. Recreational and sports activities are not allowed in the Garden.
- Picnics are only allowed on special occasions. Please do not bring outside food into the Garden. Picnic areas are located on the lawn at the South end of the Parking Lot.
- Alcohol is not allowed in the Garden except by permit and is not allowed as part of your photo session.
- The Garden is a nicotine-free environment. Cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, cigars, chewable tobacco and similar products are not allowed on Garden property including all grounds, buildings, and restrooms.
- Given the public atmosphere of the Garden, all photo session activities shall be deemed appropriate and free from obscene content.
- Every courtesy will be extended to those wishing to use the Garden for Photo Sessions as long as usage does not impede public use. Any and all pertinent state laws, county ordinances or department policies shall be fully observed.
For additional information, please contact the Visitor Services Center at (424) 452-0920.
Commercial Filming and Photography: South Coast Botanic Garden welcomes commercial filming and photography. Reservations and permits are required. Please contact email@example.com for rates, procedures, and policies. Student Filming and Photography: Student projects are permitted. Commercial filming/photography fees will apply. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for rates, procedures, and policies. FILMING: The many gardens and natural areas at South Coast Botanic Garden provide an ideal landscape for film and TV productions, commercials and print photography. Some of the more popular areas for filming and photography are:
- Banyan Grove
- Arizona Crossing
- Hawk’s Meadow
- Memorial Meadow
- Rose Garden
- Upper and Lower Meadows with Gazebos
- Children’s Garden
For additional information regarding filming, please contact email@example.com for rates, procedures, and policies.