We love volunteers and need help year round in various capacities. Below you will find current volunteer opportunities. This page is regularly updated, so make sure to check back to find the best fit for you!
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Come one, come all! One-time volunteer opportunities that are great for experienced or new volunteers alike! These could be a variety of roles from events to office help and don’t require too much commitment!
GLOW Volunteer Path Guide- Submerse yourself in beauty this holiday season while also giving back! Volunteer at South Coast Botanic Garden’s GLOW, an after-dark walk through the Garden with thousands of lights transforming it into our Garden Lights & Ocean Waters theme. Volunteers will be loaded with swag and glow-in-the-dark supplies to help guide guests through the Garden and ensure a good time is had by all. Volunteers will help with greeting, wayfinding for food & beverage locations, merchandise, and restrooms, answering guest questions, and hyping up the crowd!
- More info
- No additional registration or in-person training! All volunteers should watch a training video and be at least 15 years of age before volunteering.
- SIGN UP HERE
Year Round SCBG Volunteering
These volunteer opportunities may require some extra trainings and/or time commitments. These are vital, skilled roles in daily Garden operations.
SCBG Volunteer Requirements:
- Have a current SCBG membership.
- Minimum six month commitment.
- Have an email address; this is our main form of communication for all volunteers.
- Be at least 15 years of age. Volunteers under 18 must complete a minor consent form.
Become a SCBG Volunteer:
- Complete SCBG Volunteer Registration.
- Complete IN PERSON Basic Training.
- NEW VOLUNTEERS ONLY: Complete Live Scan (currently on pause due to COVID-19)
- NEW VOLUNTEERS ONLY: Complete Garden Tour (will now take place during Basic Training)
Current Ongoing Opportunities
Green Team- Want to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty? So do we! Help water, weed and prune in various locations throughout the Garden. Great for new and experienced gardeners alike!
Discovery Guide– Facilitate garden experiences and assist with informal education programs for the garden’s diverse audiences in exhibit and garden spaces. Use the new Discovery Cart to engage, inspire and create learning experiences!
- Job Description
- Requirements – Registration, Basic Training, and additional training.
- Dates- Shifts will range in days and times
- To Apply- complete Registration and Basic Training to learn more about additional training.
SOAR Guide (Coming Soon for Monarch Migration 2021)– Provide visitors with an enthusiastic, interactive learning experience and help with the core operational activities of SOAR (Butterfly Pavilion and surrounding area). Help this new exhibit fly!
- Job Description
- Requirements – Registration, Basic Training, additional training.
- To Apply- complete Registration and Basic Training to learn more about additional training. Trainings now taking place for SOAR- Monarch Migration 2021!
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Natal lily in volunteer gardens