Credit: John Halibur
Enjoy Your Visit
- Help preserve the Garden’s serene atmosphere and maintain its unique and beautiful collections and native habitats.
- Please refrain from climbing on trees and shrubs, picking fruits and vegetables, walking in garden beds and collecting plants, insects, or plant labels.
- All visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- ADA Service animals are permitted on garden grounds. No pets, please.
- Enjoy your picnic at South Coast Botanic Garden! Picnics are now allowed within the garden, in designated spaces. Please check at Guest Services for the daily picnic area. You may also use our picnic area, located in the southwest corner of the parking lot. Please, no picnic furniture is allowed in the garden.
South Coast Botanic Garden is a tobacco-free environment. Smoking and tobacco use (including smokeless cigarettes), is not allowed indoors or outdoors within the Garden.
- Active sports and games – including bicycling, rollerblading, skateboarding, use of scooters, Frisbees, ball playing, and kites are not permitted.
- Kindly refrain from playing in or on fountains, ponds, and sculptures.
- Use garden benches or chairs for resting. Laying blankets on the grass is allowed for picnicking.
- Please, no radios or musical instruments.
- You are welcome to take personal photography of the Garden flora and fauna. Family photos, including engagement, and graduation photos require a photo permit. Please make arrangements with the Guest Services Staff. You can find more information regarding our photography policy on this website under ‘Photography and Filming at the Garden’.
We thank you for your visit to the garden!