Poppy has left the North Pole and is heading toward the Garden for a third year! Starting this Friday, you’ll find Poppy “hiding” in different areas of the Garden, moving locations every Friday until Christmas Day.
Will Poppy be skydiving in the Banyan Grove? Maybe. Climbing Trace in Phoebe’s Meadow? We hope not! We’ll provide tips each week on our social channels as to where the latest location is within our 87 acres, so be sure to follow us on Instagram if you don’t already. Also, please note that Elf is going to be really busy enjoying Astra Lumina during the evenings, so this is a daytime only activity.
And remember: Take a picture with Elf each week and post it on Instagram, tagging @scbgarden and using the #ElfintheGarden hashtag, otherwise we may not see you! Those of you who post a photo from each location will be entered to win tickets to an upcoming Garden exhibit!
Elf in the Garden Schedule
- Location 1: November 25-December 1
- Location 2: December 2-8
- Location 3: December 9-15
- Location 4: December 16-24
Elf in the Garden Rules
- Please do not touch or move Poppy or any of the props
- Please do not cross any barriers to get closer to Poppy
- If nobody takes a photo from each location, the winner of the contest will be whoever posted the most frequently
- Have fun!!!!!!
Get to know Elf in the Garden
- Name: Poppy
- Location: Currently lives at the North Pole but is a California native
- Family history: Is a member of the Papaveraceae Family
- Born: Springtime
- Favorite Color: Orange
- Favorite Thing to Drink: Water
The Garden has remained open to serve the community by being a place to encourage wellness and health through nature and open space. Please help keep us open by considering a gift to the Garden. You can do so here.