Special Dog Walking Hours Safety Protocols, Code of Conduct
The health and safety of Garden guests and employees are paramount. This document includes measures taken to reduce the spread of COVID 19 and policies and procedures regarding canines during Special Dog Walking Hours. COVID safety protocols are developed in accordance with guidance from the State of California and Canine protocols are in accordance with LA County Dog Parks.
All guests must wear face coverings while onsite and practice physical distancing. All dogs must be on leashes while on Garden property, including the parking lot.
COVID Safety Protocols and Procedures:
To ensure a safe experience for all guests and their four-legged friends, the following protocols are in place at the Garden:
- Transactionless entry (advanced-purchase required, buy your tickets above)
- Reduced maximum occupancy to support physical distancing
- Face coverings required of all guests and employees to enter and stay on premises
- Seating is limited in the Garden to allow for physical distancing between visitors
- Interactive exhibits closed
- Display signage to remind visitors of physical distancing and face coverings
- Disinfecting protocols – areas disinfected regularly throughout the day:
- Dog Water stations
- Physical distancing is required of all employees, guests and dogs. To support physical distancing, the following measures are in place:
- Small, confined areas closed off
- Outlined foot traffic patterns
- Water stations include physical distancing markers
- Physical distancing markers used where lines form and congestion is possible
Know Before You Go!
Crowded settings increase your risk of exposure to COVID-19. Wear a
face covering or cloth mask, stay 6 feet away from others, avoid touching your face, and wash
your hands when you get home.
Guests are encouraged to stay home if they have a fever or other COVID-19 symptoms. Those
with symptoms or elevated temperatures should not visit the Garden. If you’re not sure if this
applies to you, check your symptoms with this Symptom Screener from the Centers for Disease
Control. Higher risk individuals (over 65 or with serious medical conditions) should continue to
stay home until Stage 4. Minimize errands by getting groceries delivered or asking for help from
friends or family.
Canine & Owner Policies, Code of Conduct
To make this a fun and safe experience for all Garden guests, please adhere to the following agreements while visiting South Coast Botanic Garden with your dog:
- Dogs must be attended and on a leash at all times while onsite (onsite includes parking lot). Guests with dogs unattended or off-leash will be asked to leave the Garden immediately.
- Keep 6’ apart from other humans AND dogs! This is for everyone’s safety.
- All dogs must be socialized and have updated vaccinations and registrations.
- For the safety of both your dog and the natural environment, stay on established paved and dirt paths, routes and trails. This protects all life forms (plants and animals)!
- By participating in Special Dog Walking Hours, owners take full responsibility for their dog’s/dogs’ behavior.
- Please leave the Garden as you found it! Clean up after your dog. Bags are available throughout the Garden.
- As a County of Los Angeles facility, South Coast Botanic Garden follows Municipal Code as it applies to dog parks: https://www.laparks.org/dogparks
- Rose Garden – we are protective of the plants and people in this area!
- Koi Pond- may contain a plant found harmful to dogs!
Remember, dogs will only be admitted to South Coast Botanic Garden on designated days and
times, with advanced reservations. Dogs are not permitted in the Garden at any other times
outside of designated dog walking hours.