Our dog-walking hours have been a lot of fun the past couple of months with guests taking to social media to share photos of their pups throughout the Garden. Some immersed themselves in the beauty of nature while others showed off their personalities with sunglasses, bandanas, hats, flower crowns – we saw it all! So in honor of National Dog Day on August 26, we thought we’d put all that creativity into a competition with our PAWsome Photo Contest.
Here are the rules:
- Entries must be taken and posted from the Garden’s dog-walking hours on August 26
- Photos must be of your dog in the Garden. Entries will be disqualified if the pup or owner are found to be breaking our dog-walking policies listed below.
- To enter the contest, post your photo to Instagram with the hashtag #PAWsomePhotoContest and tag @scbgarden
- The winner will be announced on the Garden’s Instagram at 8:00 p.m. that evening
So what prize will the winner receive? Tickets to the next dog-walking hours! …… Wait, did you read that right? Weren’t dog-walking hours supposed to end on August 26? Surprise! We’re extending our dog-walking hours into the fall! New dog-walking hours will be announced soon for September-November. The winner of the contest will receive 6 FREE tickets (for either humans or dogs) to one of those dog-walking hours.
Let your creativity and the beauty of the Garden shine through! We can’t wait to see your photos!
Dog-walking hour policies:
- Dogs must be attended and on a leash at all times. Guests with dogs unattended or off-leash will be asked to leave the Garden immediately.
- Keep 6’ apart from humans and dogs not from the same household.
- All dogs must be socialized and have updated vaccinations and registrations.
- For the safety of both your dog and the natural environment, stay on established paved and dirt paths, routes and trails. This protects all life forms (plants and animals)!
- By participating in Special Dog Walking Hours, owners take full responsibility for their dog’s/dogs’ behavior.
- Please leave the Garden as you found it! Clean up after your dog. Bags are available throughout the Garden.
The Garden has remained open to serve the community by being a place to encourage wellness and health through nature and open space. Please help keep us open by considering a gift to the Garden. You can do so here.