South Coast Botanic Garden is a beautiful setting for photos and capturing those special memories. Please review the policies and guidelines below prior to scheduling your photo shoots at the Garden.
- All photography must take place during Garden hours. This means photo shoots must start after 9:00 am and end by 5:00 pm.
- Do not walk in any planted, mulched, or wooded area for any reason. Always stay on designated paths and turf areas.
- Leave flowers and plants for everyone to enjoy. Do not collect or remove seeds, flowers, fruits, or vegetables, plant labels, etc. Do not climb the trees.
- Do not damage, deface, or remove fences, walls, boulders, garden features, or site furniture for any reason.
- No dressing or changing clothes is permitted in the Garden or in the restrooms.
- Pets are not allowed inside the Garden. Service animals are permitted with proper I.D.
- Do not bring recreational equipment as part of your photo session. Recreational and sports activities are not allowed in the Garden.
- Picnics are only allowed on special occasions. Please do not bring outside food into the Garden. Picnic areas are located on the lawn at the South end of the Parking Lot.
- Alcohol is not allowed in the Garden except by permit and is not allowed as part of your photo session.
- The Garden is a nicotine-free environment. Cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, cigars, chewable tobacco and similar products are not allowed on Garden property including all grounds, buildings, and restrooms.
- Given the public atmosphere of the Garden, all photo session activities shall be deemed appropriate and free from obscene content.
- Every courtesy will be extended to those wishing to use the Garden for Photo Sessions as long as usage does not impede public use. Any and all pertinent state laws, county ordinances or department policies shall be fully observed.
For additional information, please contact the Guest Services Center at (310) 544-1948.
The many gardens and natural areas at South Coast Botanic Garden provide an ideal landscape for film and TV productions, commercials and print photography.
For additional information, please contact the Special Events Office at (310) 544-1948 ext. 302 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.