JOB ANNOUNCEMENT – Special Events Manager – Foundation Events
The South Coast Botanic Garden Foundation (SCBGF), a non-profit organization that exists to support South Coast Botanic Garden (SCBG), seeks an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual for the management of special events.
Special Events Manager – Foundation Events
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The Foundation seeks a talented and driven individual to join us in our mission of providing the resources necessary to realize the mission of SCBG, which is to serve the community by providing a unique horticultural and wildlife habitat experience and to represent a model of excellence for land reclamation and sustainability. This position is an excellent way to be an integral part of a growing non-profit organization and make connections with the Garden community.
The Special Events Manager for SCBGF should be an experienced, take charge professional with the ability to manage administration and logistics in a busy, year-round, special events environment. Strong communication, management and organizational skills, exceptional attention to detail and a high aptitude for customer service are required. He/she should be able to make decisions under pressure, solve problems, anticipate project needs, discern work priorities and meet deadlines with little supervision.
The Special Events Manager will work with the Director of Events and Programs to understand manage and implement the Foundation and co-sponsored special events. The position will supervise the Special Events Assistant. The candidate should have a passion for special events management, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, develop an understanding of the company and be able to build relationships with internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Communications, Public Relations or related field preferred; or equivalent work experience.
- At least 3-5 years of experience coordinating and managing special events and working in a non-profit organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Develop and monitor progress toward department goals and prepare monthly reports.
- Research new opportunities for events.
- Manage contracts with clients for co-sponsored events.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Manage events from conception to planning to post-event follow up.
- Assist in sponsorship development and sponsorship sales.
- Secure event rentals, vendors, additional parking and/or shuttles.
- Oversee marketing for events using social media, flyers, advertisements and online calendars.
- Secure and coordinate volunteers and/or donations.
- Oversee setup, event and breakdown of events.
Position is full-time. Must be available weekdays, some weekday evenings, some holidays, and many weekends. Pay rate DOE.