COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES STAFF
The South Coast Botanic Garden is a public garden that is owned and operated by the County of Los Angeles.
To contact anyone on the team, please call (310) 544-6815. We look forward to hearing from you!
Arboretum Gardener –
EMPLOTMENT OPPORTUNITIES WITH COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES
For a list of available positions with the County of Los Angeles, click here.
SOUTH COAST BOTANIC GARDEN FOUNDATION STAFF
The Foundation supports the Garden by providing volunteers, offering educational programs, and conducting special events. We also welcome the commitment of members and donors. The Foundation staff is comprised of a well qualified team that aims to provide quality programming and to secure the resources needed to support the South Coast Botanic Garden.
To contact anyone on the team, please call (310) 544-1948 or click on a name below to send that team member an email. We look forward to hearing from you!
|ADRIENNE LAO NAKASHIMA
|SPECIAL EVENTS AND PROGRAMS
Yuri Oda, Manager
Brandon Dawes, Assistant
Raymond Pino, Facilities Crew Member
THE GIFT SHOP
|GUEST SERVICES CENTER
Carol Howden, Manager
Jason Fuentes, Representative
Christina Luallen, Representative
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES WITH SOUTH COAST BOTANIC GARDEN FOUNDATION
NOW HIRING: Guest Services Representative
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Guest Services Representative is responsible for providing frontline customer service at South Coast Botanic Garden. They are expected to represent the Garden to the public in a professional and friendly matter.
This is a part time (20 – 25 hours) non-exempt position and may be scheduled on weekends, evenings, and holidays, depending on the needs of the Foundation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
Opening/closing the admissions office, selling admissions, selling and renewing memberships, assisting with class and special event registration, assisting with special events, answering guest questions, directing and assisting guests throughout the attraction.
Supporting management by: assisting with membership program, entering in new and returning members into database, printing and mailing monthly membership renewals, assisting with sending membership letters, updating mailing list, answering and directing phone calls, filing and organizing. Other clerical duties as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• AA degree or equivalent
• One year of tour guide experience is preferred OR experience in museums, hospitality, travel, tourism or public speaking
• Two years of cash handling/cash register experience required
• Two years customer service experience
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
• Ability to work with diverse cultures and backgrounds
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including holidays, weekends, and some evenings depending on the event
• Ability to read and comprehend directives and basic correspondence
• Must be a positive team player
• Must be able to handle simple calculations and money transactions
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.